It’s a day dedicated to garden lovers like you! On Friday, May 6, we’re joining up with American Public Gardens Association to celebrate National Public Gardens Day by welcoming the community and sharing a variety of free activities throughout the day.
Like our fellow public gardens all around the world, The Gardens offers a place to learn about and enjoy an inspiring variety of flowers, trees and wildlife. On National Public Gardens Day, it’s another chance for us to say “Thank You” to all those who take an interest in what we do, who respect and admire the natural beauty that is all around us, and perhaps inspire you to get even more involved in supporting our gardens.
Bring a picnic lunch, learn more about The Gardens’ organization and celebrate the wonderful world of gardening on National Public Gardens Day!
On Friday, May 6, between 10 a.m. and 3 p.m., visitors to The Gardens will enjoy the following free activities:
- 10:00-11:00 a.m. Celebrate spring! Popular local designer, Najat Nicola leads a floral arranging demonstration featuring roses and other items cut fresh from The Gardens.
- 11:30 a.m. & 1:30 p.m. Guided garden tours led by GHF Garden Manager, Brian Larsen.
- 11:30 a.m. Dedication of new Japanese Maple donated to The Gardens by Walnut Creek Garden Club.
- 11:30 a.m. to 1:00 p.m. Crafts and activities for kids
- Expert gardening advice from GHF Garden Manager, Brian Larsen
- Chance to win prizes including fresh floral arrangements, potted plants, membership to The Gardens, free classes & more
- Complimentary refreshments
Come celebrate National Public Garden Day with us on May 6!