Make lasting memories with beautiful moments in our garden. Photo permits start at $40 and up.
Looking for a casual setting to take family portraits or do an inspiring engagement photography session? With a classic, slate-tiled gazebo, thousands of roses and other colorful blooms, a cascading waterfall, numerous tree-lined pathways and more, our six acres of garden areas make the perfect location for photo shoots. (You might even catch some of our diverse community of wildlife – birds, squirrels, bees, butterflies – dropping in on your photos.)
Advanced reservation and a paid photography permit are required. Our gardens are frequently closed for private events (especially on weekends), so we request that you contact us in advance before your session to make sure that the areas will be available and accessible on your desired date. And since we are a small, nonprofit organization, the fee for your permit helps us keep The Gardens beautiful to provide a great backdrop for your photos and for the public to enjoy.
How to make your photography reservation:
- Submit the Photo Session Request Form below or call our office at (925) 947-1678.
- Let us know the date and time you plan to do your photos.
- Pay the permit fee of $40 for one hour by phone, mail or in person (additional time can be added for extra fee).
- Once completed, we’ll send you the permit via email.
- Note: Photo sessions are scheduled only during regular public garden hours at times that do not conflict with private events. Permits are not issued more than 45 days in advance and must be made a minimum of two days ahead. Your session may be rescheduled by GHF up to 7 days in advance.