In our special five-week summer program for elementary grades, students will learn how to become Nature Detectives! This session, students will become “wetland detectives” exploring biodiversity and habitats around our neighboring Heather Farm Pond.
Summer Program for Grades 1-4
Wednesdays, July 10 through August 7, 10-11:30 a.m.
For the second year in a row, we’re extending our Natural Science Classroom program into SUMMER, with classes normally taught only during the school year modified to fit this “fun-in-the-sun” time of year. Summer Nature Detectives is open to first through fourth grade students and follows a similar format as our popular Nature Explorers preschool program, offering one 90-minute class per week for five weeks. However, Summer Nature Detectives is available as a drop-off program for older children, so parent participation is NOT required as it is for the preschool program.
Explore five fun and engaging themes:
|Week 1: 7/10||Pond Biodiversity|
|Week 2: 7/17||Aquatic Invertebrates|
|Week 3: 7/24||Native Plants Around the Pond|
|Week 4: 7/31||Pond Animals|
|Week 5: 8/7||Heather Farm Pond Birds|
- Who: Children in elementary grades one through four, drop-off permitted, waiver forms required
- What: Fun, engaging natural science and garden exploration
- When: One 5-week session on Wednesdays, July 10 through August 7, 10:00-11:30 a.m.
- Where: The Gardens at Heather Farm, 1540 Marchbanks Drive, Walnut Creek
- Why: Exciting activities that will inspire a greater appreciation of nature
- How: 5-week session costs $80 for members and $100 for non-members. Single-class drop-in fee is $15 for members and $20 for non-members. Call ahead to check if drop-in space is available.
- Questions: Email or call 925-947-6712
- Additional Info: Sign-in and snacks will be available starting 15 mins before start time and class will begin promptly at 10:00 a.m.
- Max. Enrollment: 15 students per session
- Siblings: Siblings in eligible grades receive a 10% discount after first child registration.