In our new, six-week summer program for elementary grades, students will learn how to become Nature Detectives! Explore everything in and around our garden, from plants to animals to composting and more!
Summer Program for Grades 1-3
Wednesdays, July 11 through August 15, 10-11:30 a.m.
This year, we’re bringing our Natural Science Classroom into summer, with classes normally taught only during the school year modified to fit a fun, summery vibe. Summer Nature Detectives is open to first through third grade students and follows a similar format as our popular Nature Explorers preschool program, offering one 90-minute class per week. However, Summer Nature Detectives is available as a drop-off program for older children, so parent participation is NOT required as it is for the preschool program.
Explore six fun and engaging themes:
Week 1 – Plants & Animals
Week 2 – Natural Systems
Week 3 – Plant Evolution
Week 4 – Bugs & Pollination
Week 5 – Wet & Wild
Week 6 – Composting & Worms
See the full weekly calendar.
- Who: Children in elementary grades one through three, drop-off permitted
- What: Fun, engaging natural science and garden exploration
- When: One 6-week session on Wednesdays, July 11th through August 15th, 10:00-11:30 a.m.
- Where: The Gardens at Heather Farm, 1540 Marchbanks Drive, Walnut Creek
- Why: Exciting activities that will inspire a greater appreciation of nature
- How: 6-week session costs $80 for members and $100 for non-members. Single-class drop-in fee is $15 for members and $20 for non-members. Call ahead to check if drop-in space is available.
- Questions: Email or call 925-947-6712
- Additional Info: Sign-in and snacks will be available starting 15 mins before start time and class will begin promptly at 10:00 a.m.
- Max. Enrollment: 15 students per session
- Siblings: Siblings in eligible grades receive a 10% discount after first child registration.