Get your fall garden going with a selection of plants grown right here in our own greenhouse and nursery! Lots and lots of salvias, along with many other plants perfect for the season. Drop on by on Saturday, September 7 between 8 a.m. and 12 p.m. and check out our great plant inventory. More details TBA!
Are you ready for the holidays yet? Well, we’re already starting to gear up for another AMAZING year of our popular holiday tradition, TEDDY BEAR TEA, coming to The Gardens at HeatherRead More…
Say “So long!” to summer before heading back to school and enjoy sweet treats and live music for families in a beautiful garden! Don’t miss this exciting opportunity to see one ofRead More…
We regretfully must cancel the concert by Romance Trio as part of our Concerts in the Garden series scheduled for September 14. All ticket orders received prior to cancellation will be refunded in full. If you have any questions, please contact us as (925) 947-1678. We hope to see you at a future event!
On Wednesday, June 19, The Gardens at Heather Farm is partnering with the Garden Conservancy to bring a very special program as part of GC’s “Digging Deeper” series. GROUND STUDIO founder, BernardRead More…
1. See the garden at its best. Every spring, around early May, the thousands of rose blooms in the Cowden Rose Garden go bonkers and put on quite a colorful show. PerfectRead More…
It’s hard to believe that way back in 2015, we launched the first session of our innovative preschool program, Nature Explorers. The brain-child of our creative Education team, Nature Explorers quickly becameRead More…
Get ready to party at The Gardens at Heather Farm! This year’s Fiesta fundraiser hits right on Cinco de Mayo (May 5), and there’s no better way to celebrate the festive dayRead More…
2018 was a fantastic, record-breaking year for events at The Gardens, as we hosted a venue-best 106 weddings! Thanks to all the amazing couples who shared their special days with us, andRead More…
The world desperately needs more people to fall in love with nature—with woods, wildlife, water, snowy mountains, coral reefs, and fragile habitats everywhere–because if people love something, they want to look after it. It’s that simple. At The Gardens at Heather Farm, we know exactly how to cultivate and spread that passion for nature. But we can’t do it without your help.
The facts are not in dispute. Science brings us new evidence every day, every hour. Global temperatures are increasing. Average sea levels rose nearly twice as much in the last two decades as they did during the entire previous century. The impact of these changes on all forms of life is dramatic—even catastrophic. Dozens of species of plants and animals go extinct every day—and experts predict that as many as half of all species on the planet could be headed for extinction by the middle of this century. What we don’t know yet is how these changes will ultimately affect us. So yes—this is a grave problem.
Part of the solution rests in our hands. At The Gardens, we know how to spark that love and forge a deep connection with nature. You could say it is the “root” of who we are, it’s in our organizational DNA. A visit to The Gardens at Heather Farm offers a multitude of ways to experience the environment up close and to appreciate the delicate balance between humans and nature.
Maintaining a beautiful indoor/outdoor facility that takes you inside nature costs money. And offering a range of intensive science-education programs for kids and adults requires resources. The revenue we take in from events, foundation grants, and corporate gifts combined, pays for just over half of these ongoing expenses. We rely on donors like you to make up the difference.
How do we know what we’re doing is working? Thanks to the generosity and foresight of dedicated supporters like you, we have achieved many successes. Please take a look at just a few of the ways we’ve connected people with nature and inspired them to make a difference:
- With your support, we host more than 100,000 visitors in our gardens each year who discover plants that thrive in our summer-dry climate, and learn about sustainable gardening practices such as composting, the use of water permeable walkways, and integrated pest management;
- You have made it possible for more than 20,000 elementary school children, from over 125 different schools, participate in transformative educational programs each year;
- There is a significant void in early childhood curriculum that stresses an environmental perspective and, with your help, we are working to fill that void with our preschool Nature Explorers program. Early childhood is the ideal time to shape environmental attitudes and values;
- We regularly collaborate with environmental partners like the Audubon Society to offer educational wildlife programming;
- With your help, in 2019 we will be renovating our Water Conservation Garden, our largest demonstration garden, and installing a new Firewise Demonstration Garden, to educate the community about protecting their homes from wildfire.
And to make lasting change, we must do even more. You can help us create new, even better ways to engage more people with the natural world.
It is only thanks to the support of people like you that The Gardens at Heather Farm has been able to achieve so much. The need for loving stewardship of our environment is greater than ever. Won’t you please help us by making a gift that will enable us to do even more to help people fall in love with nature?
Best wishes to you and your family for the festive season and a happy and healthy New Year.