Join a Community of Dedicated Volunteers
As a 501(c)(3) nonprofit organization, The Gardens at Heather Farm relies on the work of volunteers to help us meet our goals. Volunteers donate more than 6,000 hours of service each year and participate in all areas of our operation, including garden maintenance, youth education, office administration and special events.
We’re happy to work with individual and corporate/group volunteers!
As a volunteer you can:
- Have fun while learning new skills
- Meet people who share your interests
- Feel wonderful about contributing to our community and the GHF mission
Volunteer opportunities include:
- Garden Maintenance: Work each Wednesday maintaining several acres of demonstration gardens. No experience necessary. Join an active group who love potlucks, educational enrichment, and field trips to other gardens.
- Garden Tour Docent: Help promote The Gardens’ mission to enrich the community by leading tours of the garden and attend local events to help promote our programs.
- Propagation/Nursery: Work each Tuesday morning propagating plants for our garden and sales that take place each spring and fall. No experience necessary.
- Education Docent: Serve as a volunteer instructor leading natural science classes for local elementary students.
- Special Events: Assist with planning and promoting special events, greeting visitors and providing staffing on event days.
Whatever your skills or interests, The Gardens welcomes you!
Join our team of volunteers! APPLY NOW.
In 2011, our volunteers were honored by the City of Walnut Creek and Mayor Cindy Silva for their tireless efforts to keep The Gardens thriving. Read the proclamation here.